Friday, February 7, 2020

Clean Forest Air vs. (Corona)virus: Naomi is flu free so far this year!



Novel Coronavirus is the talk of the town. Last weekend in Niiharu Citizen Forest 新治市民の森 we had the annual Bambuskuchen baking festival for kids (; please check my post on February 12, 2016). You know? Last year, in 2019, I helped this event and had a high fever next day. Docs diagnosed me as “Oh, it’s flu. Please stay in your bedroom 5 days. You have to take this medicine immediately. Don’t share meals with your family until next week.” OK, OK, OK. I put myself into quarantine. FYI, the latest flu medicine is similar to that for asthma. We inhale powdery substance (a neuraminidase inhibitor, like Lanimamivir) just once, and stay in bed until the virus is cleared … 😷



Anyway, Niiharu’s Bambuskuchen event is always with many kids. I thought I may have gotten the flu from the elementary shoolers. At that time there were lots of school closures due to flu epidemic in Yokohama. Cute super-spreaders … This year, with that coronavirus thing, I armed myself with lots of clothes + of disposable masks + of disposable body warmers + of drinks + hand gel … Niiharu Lovers for the Citizen Forest thought there would be smaller number of participants to the Winter Festival.


We’re making bambuskuchen.


Nope. We welcomed lots of kids as last year. In addition, at least so far, nothing happens. Our event was successful. Kids ate lots of kuchen, and played lively in Niiharu Forest. I’m in a good shape. Lovers jokingly talk “Well, it’s the power of nature! If we can breathe deeply clean air in the forest, coronavirus won’t come!” Er … with my experience last year, I have a serious reservation before believing this statement. But! I think my full bodyarmor + drinks and hand gel have worked. Oh, I must add, this season I had a flu shot from my doc early October. Lessons: Don’t panic. Coronavirus or flu, we can be prepared and avoid (serious) harm. Let’s enjoy our winter forest, wisely. 😓

Many neighbors came! Thank you.
I’ve met a flock of Dusky thrush on the winter festival day.
 Finally, they’ve come to Niiharu from the Continent!


Oh, yes. Niiharu Lovers hold 4 seasonal kids’ festivals in a year: winter, spring, summer, and autumn. Next one will be Spring Festival in May in which we harvest tea leaves and prepare fresh Japanese green tea in a traditional way. Please check here for the exact schedule of the event.


White plum blossoms have flowered.
 Spring is near in Niiharu.

If you find a problem in Niiharu Forest, please make a contact with

Office for the Park Greeneries in the North 北部公園緑地事務所
Yokohama Municipal Government Creative Environment Policy Bureau 横浜市環境創造局
Phone: 045-311-2016
FAX: 045-316-8420

Niiharu Administrative Office / Satoyama Exchange Center
新治管理事務所・里山交流センター
Phone: 045-931-4947
Fax: 045-937-0898
Email: info@niiharu.jp
http://www.niiharu.jp/


If you find environmental issues in Kanagawa Prefecture, please make a contact with

Kanagawa Natural Environment Conservation Center 神奈川県自然環境保全センター
657 Nanasawa, Atsugi City, 243-0121
〒243-0121 厚木市七沢657
Phone: 046-248-0323

You can send an enquiry to them by clicking the bottom line of their homepage at http://www.pref.kanagawa.jp/div/1644/

No comments:

Post a Comment